James A. Swallow
Professional Work Experience
2015 – Present
Zebra Color Lab
* • Digital Fine Art Printing
* • Over seeing Lab Operations
2002 – Present
The Packinghouse Gallery and Photography Studio Inc
Gallery Manager/ Owner
* • In charge of and performed all aspects of gallery work – photographer, framer,
master printer, web designer teacher, photography organization leader,
gallery sales associate
* • Principle studio photographer – portraits, commercial product, weddings, bar mitzvahs, business imaging
* • Handled all marketing aspects – designed & implemented mailers; hosted all exhibits and artist receptions at gallery
* • Taught photography classes and hosted photography club
* • The Packinghouse Gallery closed its physical building in 2005.
Relocated to a home-based photography studio in St. Petersburg.
Services continue at the gallery – photographers’ web design, custom printing, framing, private or group photography and digital imaging classes.
* • 1982 – 2002 Wilco Studio Pompano Beach, FL
* • Learned & performed all duties of a full-service professional studio.
* • Printed all studio production in black and white darkroom.
* • Handled all aspects of custom framing – cutting, mats, glass, frames, production, presentation of final product, from photography to needle point.
* • Split photography duties with owner – commercial photography,
children’s and family portraits, weddings, bar mitzvahs, architectural, interiors.
* • In charge of quality control.
Professional Associations Affiliations
* • The Professional Photographers of America; 1980 – Present
* • The Florida Professional Photographers Association; 1987 – Present
* • Tampa Area Professional Photographers Association; 2002 – Present
* • The Wedding Portrait Photographers International; 1980 – Present
* • The National Association of Photoshop Professionals 1998- Present
Photographic Community Involvement
The Photographic Art Society of Florida 2006
* • Launched the society in order to inspire, challenge and educate the members in the art of photography.
* • Runs meetings, maintains the web site, and teaches photography and Photoshop
* • Plans and hosts monthly teaching field trips
* • Members exhibit works in area galleries with rotating themes
* • Assists members with printing, framing, presentation and selection of images for exhibits.
Photography Clubs Day 2009-2013
Annual event held at various locations for Tampa Bay photography organizations, designed to gather area photographers in order to share ideas and inspire skills.
Professional Photography Service to Education
Volunteer judge for Skills USA Regional Competition in 2009
Advisory committee member for the photography program at McFatter Vocational School from 1997-2000